Terms & Conditions
1. Your Acceptance
By downloading, using or Visiting this website or any other Future Today Inc. website, mobile applications, OTT applications, and Connected TV applications(collectively, Future Today Services), YOU SIGNIFY YOUR ASSENT TO BOTH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (the “Terms of Service”) AND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF FUTURE TODAY’S PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH ARE PUBLISHED AT http://futuretodayinc.com/privacy, AND WHICH ARE INCORPORATED HEREIN BY REFERENCE. If you do not agree to any of these terms, then please do not use the Future Today services.
2. Future Today Services
- Future Today hereby grants you permission to use Future Today Services as set forth in this Terms of Service, provided that: (i) your use of the Future Today Services as permitted is solely for your personal, noncommercial use; (ii) you will not copy or distribute any part of the Future Today Services in any medium without Future Today’s prior written authorization; (iii) you will not alter or modify any part of the Future Today Services other than as may be reasonably necessary to use the Future Today Services for its intended purpose; and (iv) you will otherwise comply with the terms and conditions of these Terms of Service.
- In order to access some features of the Future Today Services, you may have to create an account. You may never use another’s account without permission. When creating your account, you must provide accurate and complete information. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account password secure. You must notify Future Today immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. Although Future Today will not be liable for your losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account, you may be liable for the losses of Future Today or others due to such unauthorized use.
- You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers,” etc., that accesses Future Today Services including Future Today’s Website in a manner that sends more request messages to the Future Today’s servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a convention on-line web browser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Future Today grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the site for the sole purpose of creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. Future Today reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases. You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from Future Today Services, nor to use the communication systems provided by the Future Today Services for any commercial solicitation purposes. You agree not to solicit, for commercial purposes, any users of the Future TodayServices with respect to their User Submissions.
4. Intellectual Property Rights
The content on the Future Today Services, except all User Submissions (as defined below), including without limitation, the text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, interactive features and the like (“Content”) and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein (“Marks”), are owned by or licensed to Future Today, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under United States and foreign laws and international conventions. Content on the Future Today Services is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be used, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without the prior written consent of the respective owners. Future Today reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Website and the Content. You agree to not engage in the use, copying, or distribution of any of the Content other than expressly permitted herein, including any use, copying, or distribution of User Submissions of third parties obtained through the Website for any commercial purposes. If you download or print a copy of the Content for personal use, you must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained therein. You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security related features of the Future Today Services or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on use of the Future Today Services or the Content therein.
5. User Submissions
- Future Today may now or in the future permit the submission of videos or other communications submitted by you and other users (“User Submissions”) and the hosting, sharing, and/or publishing of such User Submissions. You understand that whether or not such User Submissions are published, Future Today does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any submissions.
- You shall be solely responsible for your own User Submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them. In connection with User Submissions, you affirm, represent, and/or warrant that: (i) you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize Future Today to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all User Submissions to enable inclusion and use of the User Submissions in the manner contemplated by the Website and these Terms of Service; and (ii) you have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in the User Submission to use the name or likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person to enable inclusion and use of the User Submissions in the manner contemplated by the Future Today Services and these Terms of Service. By submitting the User Submissions to Future Today, you hereby grant Future Today a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the User Submissions in connection with the Future Today Services and Future Today’s (and its successor’s) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Future Today Services (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each user of the Future Today Services a non-exclusive license to access your User Submissions through the Website, and to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such User Submissions as permitted through the functionality of the Website and under these Terms of Service. The foregoing license granted by you terminates once you remove or delete a User Submission from the Future Today Website.<
- In connection with User Submissions, you further agree that you will not: (i) submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant Future Today all of the license rights granted herein; (ii) publish falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage Future Today or any third party; (iii) submit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate; (iv) post advertisements or solicitations of business: (v) impersonate another person. Future Today does not endorse any User Submission or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and Future Today expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with User Submissions. Future Today does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on its Website, and Future Today will remove all Content and User Submissions if properly notified that such Content or User Submission infringes on another’s intellectual property rights. Future Today reserves the right to remove Content and User Submissions without prior notice. Future Today also reserves the right to decide whether Content or a User Submission is appropriate and complies with these Terms of Service for violations other than copyright infringement and violations of intellectual property law, such as, but not limited to, pornography, obscene or defamatory material, or excessive length. Future Today may remove such User Submissions and/or terminate a User’s access for uploading such material in violation of these Terms of Service at any time, without prior notice and at its sole discretion.
- Copyright owner or an agent thereof who believe that any User Submission or other content infringes upon your copyrights may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing ( see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
(i) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
(ii) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
(iii) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
(iv) Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
(v) A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
(vi) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Such written notice should be sent to our designated agent as follows:
Future Today Inc. 3723 Haven Ave, Suite 133, Menlo Park, CA 94025. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also note that under Section 512(f) any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
Future Today may, in appropriate circumstances, may terminate authorization of users to its Website who are repeat infringers.
If you elect to send us a counter notice, to be effective it must be a written communication provided to our designated agent that includes substantially the following (please consult your legal counsel or see 17 U.S.C. Section 512(g)(3) to confirm these requirements):
(i) A physical or electronic signature of the subscriber.
(ii) Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.
(iii) A statement under penalty of perjury that the subscriber has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
(iv) The subscriber’s name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the subscriber consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the subscriber’s address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that the subscriber will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under subsection (c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person
- You understand that when using the Future Today Services, you will be exposed to User Submissions from a variety of sources, and that Future Today is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such User Submissions. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to User Submissions that are inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against Future Today with respect thereto, and agree to indemnify and hold Future Today, its Owners/Operators, affiliates, and/or licensors, harmless to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to your use of the Future Today Services.
- Future Today permits you to link to materials on the Website for personal, non-commercial purposes only. In addition, Future Today provides an “Embeddable Player” feature, which you may incorporate into your own personal, non-commercial websites for use in accessing the materials on the Website, provided that you include a prominent link back to the Future Today website on the pages containing the Embeddable Player. Future Today reserves the right to discontinue any aspect of the Future Today Website at any time.
6. Warranty Disclaimer
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE FUTURE TODAY SERVICES SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, FUTURE TODAY AND ITS PARENT CORPORATION OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE AND YOUR USE THEREOF. FUTURE TODAY MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THIS SITE’S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR WEBSITE, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR WEBSITE, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE FUTURE TODAY SERVICES. FUTURE TODAY DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE FUTURE TODAY WEBSITE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND FUTURE TODAY WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE.
7. Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL FUTURE TODAY AND ITS PARENT CORPORATION OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF FUTURE TODAY SERVICES, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM FUTURE TODAY SERVICES, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH FUTURE TODAY SERVICES BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA FUTURE TODAY SERVICES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT FUTURE TODAY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR USER SUBMISSIONS OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
Future Today Services are controlled and offered by Future Today from its facilities in the United States of America. Future Today makes no representations that the Future Today Services are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use Future Today Services from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Future Today, its parent corporation, officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the Future Today Services; (ii) your violation of any term of these Terms of Service; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; or (iv) any claim that one of your User Submissions caused damage to a third party. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive these Terms of Service and your use of the Future Today Services.
9. Ability to Accept Terms of Service
You affirm that you are either more than 18 years of age, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms of Service, and to abide by and comply with these Terms of Service.
If you are under 13 years old, a parent or guardian must review and agree to these Terms on your behalf in order for you to use Future Today Services. If your child is under the age of 13, you agree that your download or use of the Future Today Services counts as an affirmative authorization for the processing of their data as described in Future Today’s Privacy Notice , including any disclosures of non-personally identifiable information (such as an IP address, unique device identifiers and unique advertising identifiers) to Future Today’s advertising partners.
Notwithstanding the above, if you are between 13 and 16 years of age, you agree to Future Today’s data processing operations as described in the Future Today’s Privacy Notice, including any disclosures of non-personally identifiable information (such as an IP address, unique device identifiers and unique advertising identifiers) to Future Today’s advertising partners.
These Terms of Service, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by Future Today without restriction.
You agree that: (i) the Future Today Services shall be deemed solely based in the state of Delaware; and (ii) the Future Today Services shall be deemed a passive service that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over Future Today, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than Delaware. These Terms of Service shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of Delaware, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. Any claim or dispute between you and Future Today that arises in whole or in part from the Future Today Services shall be decided exclusively by a court of competent jurisdiction located in Delaware. These Terms of Service, together with the Privacy Notice at http://futuretodayinc.com/privacyfooter and any other legal notices published by Future Today on the Website, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and Future Today concerning the Future Today Services. If any provision of these Terms of Service is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms of Service, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term of these Terms of Service shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and Future Today’s failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. Future Today reserves the right to amend these Terms of Service at any time and without notice, and it is your responsibility to review these Terms of Service for any changes. Your use of the Future Today Services following any amendment of these Terms of Service will signify your assent to and acceptance of its revised terms. You and Future Today agree that any cause of action arising out of or related to the Future Today Services must commence within one year after the cause of action accrues. otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred